This webinar originally occurred on January 31, 2023
Duration: 1 hour
This webinar will present laboratory managers with a discussion on case management in forensic science laboratories. All forensic science laboratories struggle with caseloads and backlogs in some way and to varying extremes. The answer to this struggle is a process to manage caseloads through evidence triage, case information management, and communication. A discussion on the challenges involved in case management will be followed by practical experiences in writing and implementing case management policies. Experience with implementing a case manager position will be discussed, including the benefits and lessons learned.
Detailed Learning Objectives
- Attendees will understand the challenges of case management and triage in the forensic laboratory.
- Attendees will be presented with experiences and examples of case triaging policies and the outcomes/challenges encountered in their implementation.
- Attendees will be presented with experiences and lessons learned from implementing a case coordinator position.
- Jeremy Triplett, M.S. | Director, Kentucky State Police Central Forensic Laboratory
- Chris Krug, M.S., M.P.A. | Quality Assurance Manager, Johnson County Sheriff's Office
Funding for this Forensic Technology Center of Excellence webinar has been provided by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this webinar are those of the presenter(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Justice.