This webinar originally occurred on January 22, 2019
Duration: 1.5 hours
Sexual assault investigations within the elderly population require a unique and collaborative response. This webinar highlights strategies to improve support services and case outcomes for elderly victims through a multidisciplinary approach.
Detailed Learning Objectives
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of three government agencies involved in elder sexual assault investigations.
- Illustrating the importance of a collaborative approach and how each partner agency furthers the investigation of sexual assault for elderly victims.
- Highlighting how a multidisciplinary investigative model has led to many successes in case outcomes and support services for elder sexual assault and should be viewed as a best practice.
- Debbie Feinstein | Chief of the Special Victims Division at the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Jordan Satinsky | Deputy Director of the Special Victims Investigations Division in the Montgomery County Police Department
- Mario Wawrzusin | Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
Funding for this Forensic Technology Center of Excellence webinar has been provided by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this webinar are those of the presenter(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Justice.