Through a partnership with the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors (ASCLD), the Forensic Technology Center of Excellence has provided a variety of webinars, podcasts, reports, and tools covering a wide array of topics.
ASCLD Train the Director Webinar Series
- 2019 Topics | Digital Forensics, Fire Debris Analysis, Quality Assurance, and Crime Gun Intelligence
- 2020 Topics | Quality Assurance, Investigative Genetic Genealogy, Toxicology, and Marijuana Analysis
- 2021 Topics | Creating an Unbiased Culture in the Laboratory, New Hire Onboarding, Online Learning Platforms, and 3D Firearm Technology
- 2022 Topics | BJA Forensic Grants, Applying the OSAC Registry of Standards, COVID-19 Impact on Forensic Laboratories, and Marijuana Legalization Laws
- 2023 Topics | Standards Development, Positive Quality Culture, Case Management, and Digital Tools
ASCLD Emerging Issues Webinar Series
- 2020 Topics | Stress and Vicarious Trauma, Tackling Employee Wellness, and Drug Exposures in the Forensic Laboratory
- 2021 Topics | Impact of COVID-19, Remote Work, Remote Testimony, and Wellness
- 2023 Topics | Recruitment and Retention, Bridging Generational Gaps, and Management Response to Trauma and Stress
2017 Leadership Special Release Season
2018 Case Studies Season
2018 Drugs Season
2018 Forensic Advancement Season
- Just the Soul of the Profession
- Just Cognitive Bias Awareness
- Just Foresight on Sexual Assault Kits
- Just Psychological Resiliency
- Just ASCLD Rapid DNA Committee
- Just Millennials
- Just Throwing Darts at the Opioid Crisis
- Just a Paradigm Shift for Forensic Scientists
- Just Transparency in Public Communications
- Just Blind Proficiency Testing
- Just Mass Casualty Events
Funding for these Forensic Technology Center of Excellence resources has been provided by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this webinar series are those of the presenter(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Contact us at ForensicCOE@rti.org with any questions and subscribe to our newsletter for notifications.