A Message from the Forensic Technology Center of Excellence
Another year in the books, and so much has happened! In 2022, the Forensic Technology Center of Excellence (FTCOE) hosted various virtual events and delivered numerous online resources - including 6 podcast seasons, 2 virtual workshops, 3 symposiums/forums, 32 reports, and 29 webinars - all rooted in evidence-based practice and geared towards practitioners leading the way in the world of forensic science. We remain focused on our mission of bridging the gap between the scientific and justice communities through advancing technology, sharing knowledge, and addressing challenges. Check out some of the highlights from this past year below!
As we launch into 2023, we are thankful for all of YOU. We cannot accomplish all that we do without your input, expertise, support, and participation. Your feedback is always appreciated and helps guide our plans for the upcoming year. Don't hesitate to contact us at ForensicCOE@rti.org with any questions and subscribe to our newsletter for notifications. Thank you for continuing to support the FTCOE!
We’re looking forward to what 2023 has in store!
Click the links below to see previous years' annual reviews and infographics.
Top 4 Webinars
Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the most popular webinars of 2022.
Top 6 Podcast Episodes
Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the most popular episode from each season in 2022.
- Scene Investigation Video Vignettes
- Helping Identify Potential Drug-Related Deaths: What to Tell the Coroner or Medical Examiner's Office
- The Field Application of GC/MS For Fire & Arson Investigations
- Project Overview
- Laboratory Perspective
- Forensic Scientist Perspective
- Fire Investigator Perspective
- A Discussion on Research and a Multidisciplinary Response to Sexual Assault
- Understanding Sexual Assault Trauma and Considerations for Conducting a Trauma-Informed Interview
Humanitarian and Human Rights Resource Center
Top 10 Reports
Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the most popular reports of 2022.
- The Sentinel Role of Forensic Toxicology Laboratories To Identify and Act Upon Diverse Drug Threats by Addressing Toxicology and Economic Demands
- Reports of Adverse Events Associated With Use of Novel Psychoactive Substances, 2017-2020: A Review
- Human Factors in Forensic Science Practice Sourcebook
- Evaluation of Capillary Microextraction of Volatiles (CMV) Coupled To a Person-Portable Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS) For the Analysis of Gasoline Residues
Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the landscape reports of 2022.
Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the in-brief reports of 2022.