A Message from the Forensic Technology Center of Excellence
Another year in-the-books and so much has happened! In 2021, the Forensic Technology Center of Excellence (FTCOE) hosted a wide range of virtual events and offered online resources amidst an ongoing pandemic. With five podcast seasons, three virtual meetings/symposiums, ten reports, and over forty webinars, we continued to lead the way in the world of forensic science. We’re glad we could continue to fulfill our mission of bridging the gap between the scientific and justice communities through advancing technology, sharing knowledge, and addressing challenges throughout the year. Check out some of the highlights from this past year below!
As we launch headfirst into 2022, we are incredibly thankful for all of YOU. We cannot accomplish all that we do without your input, expertise, support, and participation. Your feedback is always appreciated and helps guide our plans for the upcoming year. As always, please contact us at ForensicCOE@rti.org with any questions and subscribe to our newsletter for notifications. Thank you for continuing to support the FTCOE! We’re looking forward to what 2022 has in store!
Click the links below to see previous years' annual reviews and infographics.
Top 5 Webinars
Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the most popular webinars of 2021.
Top 5 Podcast Episodes
Click the left and right arrows to scroll through the most popular episodes in 2021.
Forensic Science Week
- Perspectives on Addressing the Collection, Tracking, and Processing of Lawfully Owed DNA Samples
- Federal Forensic Science Research and Development Programs – A 2021 Update
- Forensic Laboratory Needs Technology Working Group (FLN-TWG) Implementation Strategies
- Evidence Collection and Analysis for Touch Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Groping and Sexual Assault Cases
- DNA recovery after sequential processing of latent fingerprints on copy paper
- Sexual Assault Response Fact Sheets
- The ROI From Reducing Turnaround Time for Processing DUI: Drug Cases
Contact us at ForensicCOE@rti.org with any questions and subscribe to our newsletter for notifications.