The NIJ Forensic Science Research and Development Symposium was a free and open meeting where attendees learned about NIJ-funded research across a variety of forensic science areas.
Morning Session I - Impression, Pattern & Trace Evidence Speakers & Presentations for this section listed below:
- Gerald LaPorte | Welcome Remarks, NIJ
- Greg Dutton | Opening Remarks
- Marc Smith | The Fluid Dynamics of Droplet Impact on Inclined Surfaces with Application to Forensic Blood Spatter Analysis, Georgia Tech
- Amina Bouslimani | Illuminating Lifestyles by Metabolomics of Personal Objects, University of California, San Diego
- Rob Maher | Audio Forensics of Gunshot Sounds, Montana State University
- Suzanne Bell | Characterization of Organic Firearms Discharge Residue: Progress and Potential, West Virginia University
Funding for this Forensic Technology Center of Excellence webinar has been provided by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this webinar are those of the presenter(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Justice.