The National Institute of Justice, through its Forensic Technology Center of Excellence hosted "Looking Ahead: The National Sexual Assault Policy Symposium" on September 8-9, 2016, in Washington D.C.
The panel highlighted some of the major national funding sources for testing sexual assault evidence, investigating sexual assault cases, and developing multi-disciplinary or sexual assault response teams (SARTs). The symposium focused on how the nation is moving forward and finding solutions to the complex issues that arise in sexual assault cases and in testing sexual assault evidence. This webinar was recorded in its entirety at the time of the live event in order to capture the one-on-one interaction with the presenter.
- Kristina Rose | Senior Policy Advisor, Office of the VP
- Martha Bashford | Chief, Sex Crimes Unit, New York County DA
- Denise E. O’Donnell | Director, Bureau of Justice Assistance, US DOJ
- Bea Hanson | Principal Deputy Director, Office on Violence Against Women, US DOJ
- Nancy Rodriguez | Director, National Institute of Justice, US DOJ
- Joye Frost | Director, Office for Victims of Crime, US DOJ
Funding for this Forensic Technology Center of Excellence webinar has been provided by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this webinar are those of the presenter(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Justice.