The National Institute of Justice, through its Forensic Technology Center of Excellence hosted "Looking Ahead: The National Sexual Assault Policy Symposium" on September 8-9, 2016, in Washington D.C.
This panel discussed new legislative and policy reforms undertaken or underway at the state and local level and their potential application to other jurisdictions. Topics included facilitating change, the role of agency leadership and the importance of community-based advocacy services. The symposium focused on how the nation is moving forward and finding solutions to the complex issues that arise in sexual assault cases and in testing sexual assault evidence. This webinar was recorded in its entirety at the time of the live event in order to capture the one-on-one interaction with the presenter.
- Rebecca O’Connor | Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN), Vice President for Public Policy
- Nancy Hoffman | State Coordinator, West Virginia Foundation for Rape Information Services
- Tina L. Orwall | State Representative in the Washington State House of Representatives
- Lisa Madigan | Attorney General, State of Illinois
- Doug McGowen | Chief Operating Officer for the City of Memphis
Funding for this Forensic Technology Center of Excellence webinar has been provided by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this webinar are those of the presenter(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Contact us at ForensicCOE@rti.org with any questions and subscribe to our newsletter for notifications.