The National Institute of Justice, through its Forensic Technology Center of Excellence hosted "Looking Ahead: The National Sexual Assault Policy Symposium" on September 8-9, 2016, in Washington D.C.
The panel showcased how a multi-disciplinary team addressed a large number of previously un-submitted sexual assault kits in a victim-centered, trauma-informed way. The symposium focused on how the nation is moving forward and finding solutions to the complex issues that arise in sexual assault cases and in testing sexual assault evidence.
- Doug McGowen | Chief Operating Officer for the City of Memphis
- Noël Busch-Armendariz | University of Texas, Austin
- Emily Burton-Blank | Advocate, Center for Victims
- Mary Lentschke | Assistant Chief, Houston Police Department
- William Wells | Professor, Sam Houston State University
Funding for this Forensic Technology Center of Excellence webinar has been provided by the National Institute of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice.
The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this webinar are those of the presenter(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Contact us at ForensicCOE@rti.org with any questions and subscribe to our newsletter for notifications.